RF-Cloning.org Forum

Anything and everything cloning: Go...

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-20 09:20:01

Myramillan

Elden Ring's Devs Really Don't Want You to Delay This Heartbreaking Qu

Unlike other role-playing games of Skull and Bones Items, Elden Ring's absence of a quest log forces players to pay close attention to conversations and the world around them, to follow specific NPC stories. However, the beginning of one questline was well-hidden that FromSoftware set out to ensure that people would naturally gravitate towards the questline.

Boc The Seamster is difficult to miss. The Seamster first appears in Limgrave which is the first region where everyone's Elden Ring adventure begins, but I haven't encountered him once in my continuous, 100-hour playing through. Boc hides as a plant when it's your first encounter with him. However, he, at the game's launch it was only announced to the players passing by Tarnished when they got close to his grill. He's so well hidden, in fact, that I've seen players go close enough to initiate Boc's vague dialogue, scour the area to find the source, and then quit without seeing his camouflage.

In the bite-sized Illusory Wall video above, the huge update of last month increased the frequency at the point that Boc begins to call out for Elden Ring players. This means that people who are glued to landmarks are able to detect Boc from the nearby cobblestone street without the need to travel into the lush grasslands surrounding it.

FromSoftware even added a rare, purple-tinted item drop to encourage Tarnished to further explore the area Boc is hiding, however it's still up to players to figure out the best way to strike or transform into Boc's bush to unveil him.

You're likely to be wondering if Boc's storyline is worth the effort. The answer to that question is contingent on what you'd like to get from Elden Ring. As far as benefits, I'd say no since everything Boc can perform for you (i.e. altering clothing) is something you can do yourself by going to The Sites of Grace checkpoints after finding the requisite key items. But if you're looking for a traditionally devastating Souls narrative, well take a look at this bizarre little guy.

Boc is introduced as an oddity. The demi-human is a type of ape-like, typically violent creatures that have likely been killed in the hundreds prior to finding him. However, he's one that thinks and communicate like a human. When you meet Boc He's removed from the demi-human's den on Limgrave's shoreline. He's willing to return to the den to give you a reward to help reclaim his dignity from the shackles of. It's not going well for him, however when you go in to take on the boss you'll discover his own sewing kit. Bring it back to Boc and he becomes your personal seamstress, tailoring your wardrobe at no cost.

What follows is a heartbreaking story about Boc's struggles with his appearance and the different ways you can help him come to terms with his lot in life, either for the better or worse. I'll let the reader experience these choices for yourself, remember that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

It's been stated before, but I'll say it again: Elden Ring is massive for cheap Skull and Bones Items. Most folks aren't going to uncover all the secrets of the game in only one game. If you've gotten to triple digits in your playtime I'd suggest that you revisit the game to see what else you can find, particularly as the developers continue to add content to the game and make modifications to existing content.

Board footer